Job Position: Vice President of Business Development & Strategy
Company: $1.7 Billion Intelligence & Security Sector
Location: McLean, VA
Reports to: Sector Vice President of Business Development
We are working with a $1.7 Billion Intelligence & Security Sector to conduct an executive search to recruit a Vice President of Business Development & Strategy for their $1 Billion Integrated Electronics & Warfare Systems business unit. Our client provides real-time intelligence and analysis services to key agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, and civilian markets.
The Vice President of Business Development will be responsible for the generation of qualified pipeline growth necessary to meet or exceed the business area’s forecast and plan. This individual will have overall responsibility for a staff of business development professionals and will be held accountable for the management, oversight, identification, qualification and capture of all of the Business Unit’s business development opportunities. In addition, this individual will plan and recommend BD and marketing strategies to achieve maximum customer and market penetration consistent with Sector financial objectives and to drive tactical and strategic growth.
Key responsibilities include:
• Functioning as a member of the I&S Business Development leadership team and pivotal member of the functional organization to improve business execution/management and defining growth strategies/opportunities across the sector
• Growing the pipeline through the identification and qualification of new business opportunities that are consistent with both the Business Unit and Sector strategies by leveraging current technologies, customer intimacies, and inter-company collaboration
• Overseeing the major capture activities for the Business Unit, and training capture managers in the organization
• Senior level engagement with end customers, primes and partners to support the development of winning campaign strategies that improve the quality and depth of our market and competitor intelligence to influence/enhance our win strategies
• Refining and implementing the Business Unit’s business development and marketing execution strategy, methodology and CONOPS
• Supporting I&S Business Development and pipeline requirements through training, development, data requests, strategy meetings, and networking opportunities
• Building a high performance business development team by hiring, developing, and retaining strong talent
• Identifying/qualifying new growth markets to include adjacent markets and customers
• Creating and executing the multi-year business development strategy
• Participating in IRAD and B&P planning for the division as well as overhead budgets
• Experience in all aspects of Business Development including: Account Management, Capture and Proposal Development, and relational capacity with DoD customers
• Ability to identify key growth areas and develop new business aligned with the company's growth strategy
• DoD customer experience required
• Ability to develop, document, and execute a plan for achieving awards/growth
• Experience in budget management and expertise in annual planning cycles
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Experience managing a team of at least 10 people
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• MBA or Master’s Degree in related field preferred
• 15+ years of progressive leadership experience inclusive of significant business development experience
• Travel between the Business Unit and customer locations required
Significant experience or knowledge of the following required:
• Systems engineering and integration (SE&I) services for complex systems
• Tailored electronics and C4ISR solutions for a wide range of customers and platforms
• Range and test instrumentation sustainment operations and management
The Company offers a competitive compensation package plus comprehensive benefits and relocation.
We offer our clients and candidates expertise in a broad range of industries while retaining the deep industry knowledge of a specialist firm. Our track record speaks for itself: Our professionalism, attention to detail and demonstrated results are unsurpassed in the market place.
In addition to staffing permanent management positions, Marymont also provides temporary and flexible staffing solutions in accordance with the needs of our clients. Our large network of pre-screened, highly skilled professionals enables us provide immediate staffing solutions in short order.
Having the right leader at the highest level of a company can transform an organization, helping it to achieve its utmost potential. Our consulting team has developed a world-class candidate network comprised of organizational leaders across a variety of industries. Our search consultants tailor each CEO search to our client’s unique demands.
Marymont has a dedicated team of professionals tasked with recruiting highly qualified board of director candidates for our client organizations. We examine the needs of our clients and take both the client’s governance policies and prevailing industry standards into consideration when conducting our board searches.
In addition to our firm’s own network of business leaders and in-house research capability, we have extended our international reach through close partnerships with leading independent executive search boutiques who share the same values and client commitment. Together we facilitate worldwide access to top talent. Please see our team page for more information.
Marymont has long upheld a commitment to our clients to provide a diverse slate of candidates for every assignment. That said, when hiring a diversity candidate is the number one priority of our client we work hand in hand with our sister firm, jetDiversity, to get the job done right.
For more information please visit their website: www.jetdiversity.com.